To lead business reengineering and business
modernization consulting projects where my aptitude for improving
business processes, harvesting and documenting business rules,
simplifying and solving complex business problems, Fortune 500
experience, and knowledge of emerging technologies can be effectively
used. To assist companies and managers to design, build, and deploy
rules-based applications using the business rules approach, methodology,
- Master of Science (M.S.), Computer Information
Systems with a Concentration in A.I. Artificial Intelligence, 1988.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Systems Analysis,
1986. (Both from University of Miami, School of Business, Coral
- Process Improvement Analyst &
Management Consultant for Fortune 500.
- Project Manager and Business
Analyst for large, complex IT projects/systems.
- Designed the Enterprise Business Rules strategy
and methodology for Mobil Oil,
General Electric, and the
- Three of the 10 largest companies in the Fortune
500 use my
BIZRULES® VISION Business Rules Methodology to document, manage,
and automate their business processes and business rules.
- Currently, helping large companies with
Statutory Compliance such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Currently designing
Business Models, Business Process Models, and Business Rule Models
to help a Fortune 10 company document, assess, test, and certify
that proper processes, rules, and controls are in place, as required
by Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Outstanding record of implementing advanced
technology to build innovative business solutions and systems that
work, change easily, and last.
- Proven ability to architect and engineer complex
systems that are flexible, easy to maintain, reuse code and business
rules, and that align to business objectives.
- Solid experience leading and carrying out all
phases of full SDLC lifecycle enterprise system development, from
planning, analyzing, designing, building, and testing new Web and
Client/Server applications, to maintaining and modernizing legacy
- Experience leading and working on strategic digitization
General Electric (GE),
Burger King, and Royal
Caribbean Cruise Lines.
- Functional experience in IT, Finance, Tax,
Accounting, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Supply, and Audit.
- Industry experience in Cruise/Travel,
Manufacturing, Insurance, Pension, Soft-Drink/Bottling, Fast-Food
Quick-Service Franchise, Fleet Leasing, Oil/Lubricant, Energy, EH&S,
and IT Consulting.
- Government experience with
Health & Welfare
(Canada Social Security),
Tax Submission Processing (US IRS / Form 1040 Series).
- Experience with automated legacy application
modernization and business systems modernization.
- Strong understanding of the key challenges facing
competitive, global businesses today: compliance, reducing IT costs,
quality, agility, time to market, downsizing, offshoring/outsourcing,
privacy, retaining & digitizing knowledge, preventing business
mistakes, and minimizing legal & financial risks.
- Speaker and author on
Business Process Management (BPM), Business Rules
Management (BRM), and Knowledge Management (KM).
- Exceptional ability to learn new industries and
business processes quickly.
- e-Business experience designing systems for Global
Statutory Compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley), Tax Planning & Minimization,
Entity Management, Corporate Formalities & Separateness, HQ Cost
Allocation, Transfer Pricing, Billing, Revenue/Yield Management,
Intellectual Property Management, Worker’s Comp Claims Processing,
Cruise Reservations, Commissions, Sales Force Automation, Data
Warehousing, Balanced Scorecard/EIS, Sales & Distribution, and
Supply Chain Management.
- e-Gov experience designing and building systems
for US IRS Individual Income Tax processing and Canada Social
Security Benefit Eligibility & Entitlement adjudication.
- Experience designing and building expert systems
for Product Recommendation & Selection, Problem Diagnostics &
Troubleshooting, Customer Service, EH&S Audit, and Web Expert
- Deep content knowledge in emerging AI-based
technologies such as Business Process Management, Knowledge
Management, and Business Rules Management
- Exceptional ability to work with world-class
Subject Matter Experts in order to extract their domain knowledge,
business rules, decisioning process, and expertise so it can be
documented and digitized.
- Experience using BPM/BRE Rule Engines such as
Microsoft BizTalk Server Business Rule Engine & Business Rule
Composer, PegaSystems PegaRULES, and RulesPower Process Logic
Modeler, Fair Isaac Blaze Advisor, AION, Exsys, and ILOG JRules.
Proven strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and
- Excellent verbal, oral, and written communication
Excellent presentation skills.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to
gain the confidence and respect of senior executives.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of
management, and the most senior of Subject Matter Experts.
- Proven ability to communicate with and work with
staff at every level of the organization.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Project Management,
and System Development Methodologies.
- Experience using Zachman Enterprise Architecture
Framework to align systems with business.
- Ability to work independently and organize
workload with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong technical, management and leadership
- Knack for finding ways to improve business
processes and speed up time to market.
- US Citizen–Able to work in the US without
- Bilingual–Fluent in English & Spanish.
- Grew up in Miami, FL and went to school at the
University of Miami.
- Willing to travel as needed – International
Experience working in England, France, Japan, Brazil, Canada, Puerto
- Flexible work hours – can be on call and work
remotely with offshore developers in India (US midnight), and on
daily Scrum calls as early as 4 AM ET, or as late a 11PM-Midnight
ET, as needed by Client.