|Rules Coach, Decision Engineer, Enterprise Architect, Knowledge Engineer|
|Master of Science, Computer Information Systems with a Concentration in A.I.|
I help companies bridge the gap between Business and IT by aligning strategy with systems: Speaking dollars and sense with The Business (strategy, vision, goals, rules, decisions, outcomes, architectures), and bits & bytes with IT (data, inputs/outputs, algorithms).
To do that, I lead the Knowledge Transfer Function: Transforming knowledge, expertise, decisions, rules, processes, requirements, and specifications from business people’s minds into 0s and 1s in the computer systems.
I started surfing the business rules wave when the business rules revolution began. Before founding BizRules in 1995, I worked at Mobil Oil for 6 years on expert systems, rulebases, and knowledge management. In graduate school I studied artificial intelligence, intelligent systems, and knowledge engineering. That's where I started working on a methodology for extracting rules from experts, designing rulebases, and building knowledge-based solutions. Today, three of the Fortune 10 use my BIZRULES® VISION™ Business Rules Methodology to document, redesign, and automate their business rules and critical knowledge.
- Use big data, analytics, data mining, decision models, rules, and processes to help companies make better decisions, disrupt competition, seize market share, ensure compliance, prevent fraud, compete on knowledge, and rule the world.
- Help companies make better decisions faster
- Serve the Fortune 500 and public sector
- Preserve, share, and automate knowledge (i.e. prevent brain drain)
- Help companies Write the Rules of eBusiness®
- Put Government Online Instead of People In Line®
- Better decisions rule the world™