Here are a few examples of how I added value and improved operations:
- Helped design the Business Rules, BPM, and KM strategy and methodology for Mobil Oil, the US Internal Revenue Service, and General Electric.
- IBM’s Business Rules SME on the IRS PRIME CADE $10 billion 15-year IRS Modernization Program. As a BIZRULES sub-contractor, I was one of IBM’s “Key Personnel” on their IRS PRIME contract.
- Rules Architect & Knowledge Engineer on G.E.’s tax knowledge supply chain: Helped G.E. “Write the Rules” of Tax Compliance & Tax Minimization. How do you build Tax Apps to help G.E. (1) act with integrity regarding tax obligations, (2) ensure compliance with global tax rules, (3) pay all legally obliged taxes, and (4) meet their responsibility and obligation to shareholders to legally minimize costs?
- You start with 19 rules in the G.E. tax dept. mission statement, the best tax experts in the world, and a Knowledge Transfer Function to capture 1,000’s of rules from the minds of the experts. Then you digitize the rules in BRE Tax Expert Apps and Smart BPM Apps.
- Interviewed G.E.’s tax experts, designed EA Models, Business Capability Models, Business Rule Models, Expert Rule Models, Decision Models, and Process Models to help G.E. document, assess, test, and certify that Finance/Tax rules, processes, and controls are in place to comply with U.S. and Int’l. Tax Rules.
- My BIZRULES® VISION™ Business Rules Methodology is used to (1) discover, define, document, and model GE’s Statutory Tax Compliance Rules and Tax Expert Rules, (2) build GE’s tax knowledgebase, and (3) build GE Tax Expert applications.
- Designed, built & delivered Mobil Oil’s Global Knowledge Management Strategy & Expert System Strategy. Helped create Mobil’s Global Lubricant Knowledgebase (LKB), an integrated suite of intelligent systems, diagnostics systems, product recommenders, and field force automation apps used by the Sales Force to seize market share.
- Developed the BIZRULES® VISION™ Methodology for automating business rules, processes, and decisions, and for preserving expert knowledge. Used by GE, Mobil Oil, IRS, and other large organizations. (Three of the Fortune 10 use my BIZRULES methodology for BPM, BRM, KM, and EA)
- Experience working on and leading strategic EA/BPM/BRM/KM projects for GE, Mobil Oil, Pepsi-Cola, IBM, EDS, and the IRS. Business Rules Architect for large, complex, mission-critical Rule-Based Systems in Fortune 500 firms. Exceptional ability to work with world-class Subject Matter Experts and quickly extract their domain knowledge, business rules, decisioning process, and expertise so it can be documented, digitized, and preserved.